Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sold... to No One!

The Minnie Mouse shirt and the girl's Levi jacket did not sell. I'll, more than likely, re-list them when I get back from vacation. However, the following items did sell:

Dolly Parton fetched $16.00
My vintage guy's Levi's jacket sold for $20.50:



I also sold some non-vintage shirts. A new Zep shirt went for only $5.24 and a mid-90s Metallica shirt sold for $7.00.

So, a few weeks ago when I took a trip to the Goodwill Outlet store I stopped by a couple of other Goodwills on the way, one in Lebanon and one in Indianapolis. Quite frankly, they both kinda sucked. Granted, I could have been at each store on a "bad" day, but stopping by those stores made me appreciate our three Goodwills even more. The turnover on items is quite high. I can search the racks and racks of shirts and find new vintage shirts every trip; not to mention records and video games, which are two other items I like to collect and sell. I attribute this to living in a medium-sized city. Obviously with three stores there is an abundance of donations to be had, but our city isn't so huge that it is picked over all of the time, yet, at the same time, it's not so small that the same items sit on the shelves for weeks. On my vacation, I plan to stop at some thrift stores and it will be interesting to compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment